Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Deadlines & Displacement Activities

Not sure there’s anybody out there, but here goes…

This is probably the most insane time I could think of to start a blog. I’m only a month away from my deadline for my third Black Lace novel, DARK DESIGNS, and it still needs lots of work. I’ve a host of other projects (writing and reviewing) I want to work on, and at least a hundred jobs pending around the house. But, here I am. Instead of knuckling down to what I should be doing, I spent yesterday tinkering with blog settings and attempting to resurrect my currently offline website. And today, I’m sitting around waiting for the dishwasher repairman, so still no progress. But at least this is writing, and maybe it’ll get me to focus on what I want to achieve.

Okay, I’m determined to end this first post on a positive note. I’ve only recently heard that I’ve had a short story accepted for CREAM: The Best of ERWA Anthology. It’s my first non-Black Lace print publication, so I’m mighty chuffed. It might even inspire me to finish a few of the other shorts I’m working on.

4 comments:

wendywoo said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging, Madelynne!

It's a superb displacement activity... :)

Madelynne said...

Hey, you found me fast!

Thanks for the welcome.

Saskia Walker said...

I'm here too! :-) Great to see you blogging and congrats on the sale!

Madelynne said...

Thanks Saskia. I'm enjoying it so far, and I've a suspicion it could become addictive.