Saturday, March 18, 2006

Entertaining Saturday

I’ve been out today, meeting with the wonderful friends I made back in September 2005 on a screenwriting course. We meet up roughly every three weeks, mostly as a social thing, but a lot of the talk is writing related, and we do read each other’s work and offer thoughts and opinions. It’s a lovely way to while away a few hours on a Saturday, and still feel as though I’m doing something writing related. I normally come home really enthused about the whole writing experience, and full of ideas.

Unfortunately, today I came home feeling rather exhausted, nothing to do with the company, I've just been ill with various bugs recently and working long hours. Anyway, I didn’t expect to get anything done this afternoon, so, it’s much to my surprise that I’ve managed to sketch out a rough draft of one of the additional scenes for Dark Designs. It still needs work, of course, but I think I’ve managed to capture the right mood. I may see if I can tidy it up later, but I’m also tempted to give myself an evening off and use the time to catch up on some film or reading.

The other bit of excitement for today was the arrival of Entertaining Mr Stone, which Wendy (aka Portia Da Costa) kindly sent me. Wendy seems so enthused about this book, and the cover is so gorgeous, I’m just itching to snuggle up on the sofa and dive in. I’ve really enjoyed her previous works, so I’m sure I’m in for a wonderful bit of escapism. I’ll probably post my thoughts here once I’ve read it. But I must finish the current reading book first…


1 comment:

wendywoo said...

Eek, I'm nervous now! Hope EMS lives up to expectations. :)