Thursday, May 25, 2006

Terrible Tuesday

Yes, I know it's Thursday, but it's taken me this long to regain my sense of humour following my day of woe.

It started off okay, then the Jacket Proofs for Dark Designs arrived... Now, I 've been looking forward to their arrival. The new Black Lace cover designs have been rather lovely, but to say I'm not fond of what I've ended up with is putting it mildly. Okay, my name is HUGE, and the colour is okay, as is the bloke. But the view up the woman's nose and the bad, bad hair, just don't do it for me... sigh... Let me know what you think, the image is below.

Disaster number 2 occurred when I took the kids to the park. In their infinite wisdom the local council have installed a beautiful fake castle flower bed that my 2 year old daughter decided would make an excellent playhouse, especially as it came complete with an obvious entrance. I think you can imagine the scenario, me charging after her before she disappeared under the planted roof, only to find myself a foot deep in mud and then flat out on my arse with her on top of me equally muddy. Yeah, figured you'd get the picture.

Which brings us to incident number 3. We put same child to bed as normal, but 10 minutes later when I go up to check on her, she's stark bollock naked, having removed her pajamas and nappy, and has christened the carpet, stood in it, and then put on my new boots .

Amazingly, I actually managed to do some work on both the novel and seckrit project after all this. So, I guess the day didn't go so badly.


6 comments:

Sarah F said...

You are right the woman looks terrible. However I refuse to believe your perfidious claims about your lovely daughter!!!

Madelynne said...

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for stopping by. I'm so glad you agree with me about the 'woman.' As for my lovely daughter... I never said she wasn't lovely.

wendywoo said...

Actually, looking again, I think that the woman on your cover actually looks a bit like a red headed version of Priss from Blade Runner... and she was fantastic!

I mean, she's not ideal, but she certainly looks feisty and full of attitude. She's got character, and that's a nice change from some of the vacuous bimbettes you often get on covers.

Madelynne said...

Hmm... Maybe if I squint and draw a line across her eyes in marker pen.

Nice thought, though, Wendy.

Saskia Walker said...

I agree with Wendy, she does look like Priss. Take heart, Madelynne, I know it's not what you had in mind, but it would certainly catch my eye as a sexy cover.

Madelynne said...

I'm kind of resigned to the fact that it's never going to be a favourite cover, but you guys are certainly making me feel better about its saleability.