Sunday, July 02, 2006

Jinxed

Desperate Measures, (the working title of my current WIP) is jinxed, I'm convinced of it. Every time I get more than a few hundred words down the computer goes phutz! and swallows the lot and I end up on a frantic damage limitation exercise. It's happened twice today, which is more than a little annoying as I've been on something of a roll. Still, I've managed just over 1K - might have been 2K, if I hadn't spend hours weeding paragraphs of text out of temp files, so I guess I'm pleased. Current plan is to try and have a proposal ready to send by the end of July, but that kind of depends how well things go with my attempt at a story for the Sex in Public antho.

I think I mentioned a while back that I had two potential story ideas... so, you might have thought I'd be busy working on them, but no, I've been tinkering around with a story I started ages ago but which ran out of steam halfway through. I just hope I manage to pull it together enough for it actually work without being completely ludicrous. Will let you know soon enough as the deadline is coming up fast.

---
Recently watched: Evolution
Currently listening to: The Thunderstorm outside.
Currently reading: A Caress of Twilight, Laurell K Hamilton

No comments: