Thursday, October 12, 2006

I need order...

Another day where I've got next to nothing done. I really must pull my finger out...

Okay, so I did manage to put some review copies of Dark Designs in the post and send off my Sex with Strangers story, but I'm not sure that 5 minutes in the post office is all that much work.

The trouble is, I have three seperate projects whizzing around inside my head (not including the sidelined seckrit project), and as a result I can't concentrate on any of them. Anyone any suggestions? Normally, I focus on one novel and nothing else, but then normally I don't have an editor waiting for me to send them stuff (assuming that very busy editor hasn't forgotten I exist while waiting.)

I did do one thing in attempt to sort it all out....

TADA! I bought a new notebook.

It's beautiful, with a magic fabric cover that changes colour depending on how the light hits it. I thought it was perfect for jotting down all my notes about Vaughan et al for AGW2, after all, he's as mercurial as they come. And I still have space in my old notebook to scrawl notes on the other two projects - perfect.

I'm going to attempt to so some work now.

All right, actually, I'm going to play music and walk up and down the room while I attempt to zone in on Vaughan, an activity that is greatly helped by a glass of port. Unfortunately, we don't appear to have any...boo hoo...
--
Recently watched: 21 grams.
Currently listening to: Adam and the Ants.
Currently reading: Sex & Shopping.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Ah dear, Madelynne, I can't offer advice I'm afraid because I'm so guilty of this myself. The more things pile up that I should be doing, the more I freeze up and the less I produce. Writing lists helps sometimes.

Try and remember that a lot of writing work does not produce tangible results (two days working out your antagonists motives. Essential, but invisible) and I always like to think my subconscious is working on it while I skive...

Madelynne said...

Cheers, Nikki.

I'm good at lists. They rarely help much, though.

I shall clutch at straws and run with the my subconscious is working line instead. It's a good one.