Sunday, November 19, 2006

Progress

Well, a teensy bit. I've now completed the first two chapters of AGW2 in exploratory draft anyway. And you know, I think that it's not too toe curlingly awful. Note, I will probably change my mind on that point by tomorrow morning, when I'll realise it is in fact bloody rubbish. In the meantime, though...

Still, I'm pleased and relieved to have reached this point. It's been a real slog, because there's no slow build up where I do the character introductory thing. It's straight into the heart of the story.

Vaughan has been no problem, but then I've only had to write a few snippets inside his head. Bella, however... Oh, boy! Naturally, time in London sandwiched between two pretty boys has changed her, but also her feelings at the start of the book are very complex, which is making writing her a nightmare. I've a suspicion her voice may be a little off, so major tweakerage will be in order there. Lucerne, is also proving a pain. I'm walking a thin line with him, because I don't want everyone to despise him, but at the same time I can't avoid the fact that he's acting like a jerk - plot, you know. I'm supposed to have it!

Anyway, now I've got to Pennerley, I'm hoping things will start falling into place with considerably more ease.

If only I knew what it is that Vaughan's planning...

Anyone any ideas? Mail me.

Better go scribble some more, and I might just manage to push this baby over 20K.
--
Recently watched: Poldark 2 (Dammit! Why does it have to end.) Torchwood (Yeah! Someone gave Jack a shotgun.)
Currently listening to: Gackt, Sisters of Mercy, T-Rex.
Currently reading: Crying Freeman by Kazuo Koike & Ryoichi Ikegami.

2 comments:

Wendy Wootton said...

Have you seen the film of Crying Freeman? I guess you have... Mark Dacascos looks *very* delicious in it...

Maybe I should read the book now?

Madelynne said...

Ah, Wendy, Crying Freeman is a favourite of mine. Still no decent DVD release though.

What I'm reading is the original manga. So far, the movie is virtually identical. I suspect they used images from the graphic novel as a storyboard.