Tuesday, December 05, 2006


My editor - isn't he cute - is blogging over at romancebytheblog today, so be sure to stop by and check it out, and don't forget the fascinating discussion going on in the comments section.

Today, has been a marginal improvement on yesterday. I've started rewriting the synopsis. Mostly this involves culling all the necessary detail, and removing the bits where it says: And now they have sex. Still a long way to go.

Right, off to do some soaking and thinking.

Oh, and did I mention the car died!

4 comments:

Wendy Wootton said...

Hey, I've been rewriting a synopsis today too... isn't it hell?

'Then they have a shag' just doesn't *sell* the story, does it?

That blog was fun, but too posh for me towards the end... if I theorise too much I get a headache and need to lie down. LOL!

Ouch re. you car... :(

Madelynne said...

Hey, Wendy,

Yeah, that blog was fun, but I know what you mean about the headache. I like it when things are simple and don't involve too much analysis.

Re: the car. Actually, other half's car. The cam-belt has gone, resulting in engine damage. Mucho expense, plus no car for a week! Just what we need this close to Xmas.

Alison Tyler said...

Sorry about your car!
About the sex scenes, there was a famous story back when I wrote for Masquerade about a novel published with the words INSERT SEX SCENE HERE.

Thank god it wasn't one of mine!

Cheers, Alison

Madelynne Ellis said...

Hey, Alison,

Nice to see you here. Thanks re: the car. That story about the SEX SCENES is too scary.