Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Animamundi

Sorry for the temporary silence, I've been sucked into the world of Animamundi, which is an interactive graphic novel. Now, I'm not much of a game player. Sure, I occasionally watch my other half play Final Fantasy and Resident Evil etc, but this is addictive. The graphics are beautiful and feature lots of bishounen (pretty men), the storyline is seriously twisty and twisted. There's alchemy, crazy experiments, politics, intrigue, serial killers, angels, demons, some big yaoi overtones, oh, and the Hellfire club. I mean, what more could I ask for? That list has probably ticked most of my favourite boxes for any scenario. I think the only things missing are actual depictions of sex between the characters, but there are some yummy kissing scenes and some groping to make up for it. Everything else is sadly left to the imagination.


So far, I've managed 1 bad ending and 3 good ones (good being a subjective term here). I believe there are 12 endings in total. However, I'm not sure if that's 12 good endings or 12 altogether. So, don't expect much from me for a while. LOL!

Actually, despite all this game playing, I've been plodding along quite nicely with Demon-novella. I'm now about 10K in - which is nearly half way - and the plot is slowly coagulating into something workable.

Come to think of it, Demon- book and Anima- mundi work quite well together, since demon- book also has alchemy, politics, intrigue, demons and as many yaoi overtones as I can slip into a book that's supposed to be hetero paranormal erotic romance . Course, demon-book doesn't do fade to grey, because that wouldn't be fun :-D.

Oh, and did I mention I'm developing a thing for fingernails? Lots of men with nicely painted nails in Animamundi. I'm particularly fond of Mikhail's nicely shaped, bronze-coloured ones.

Right, off to do some work...
--
Recently watched: Animamundi (It sort of counts) & ER.
Currently listening to: Akino Arai
Currently reading: Animamundi, Burning Bright by Janine Ashbless, Vampy stuff for one of my crit partners.

2 comments:

Nikki Magennis said...

Follow Tilly's trail to pictures of men's hands for more fingernail fun...

10k woohoo! This is much easier than novels, isn't it?

Madelynne Ellis said...

I'm not sure about it being easier. I suspect I have enough story for a novel. Guess I'm going to have to be concise for a change.