Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! I know it's going to be a good one :-) My son is eagerly awaiting the arrival of pirates bearing gold and treasure, and is most disappointed they haven't come today, while I'm trying to eradicate nits and other assorted beasties (slugs) from the household. It certainly hasn't been a very relaxing start to the year, as between taking down the decorations and above, I've also been ironing the equivalent of Mount Doom (more of that tomorrow, methinks, as I still haven't found the school uniforms).

Anyway, writing wise I've accomplished pretty much zilch, so come tomorrow I really need to get back into it. The next Wicked Words deadline is at the end of the month, and I've written a pitiful 1.5K so far. Also need to make progess on the two novels and the novella I'm hoping to complete this year! Eeek! Maybe I'd better make a start tonight. Then again, it's the Torchwood finale, so maybe not.

As for resolutions: I prefer to think more in terms of targets. So novels and novellas obviously come under that. However, I think my main targets for this year are to be less grumpy, and start swimming again. Actually, the two are fairly closely related. I zone out completely while I'm swimming up and down... bliss...

Recently watched: Ashura (again, cause it's that good.) Seven Swords (not all that), Final Programme (trippy fun) & Blackadder.
Currently listening to: Cresent & Diabolos by Gackt.
Currently reading: Standish by Erastes, having just finished Yellow volume 4 by Makoto Tateno.

1 comment:

Mathilde Madden said...

SNAP - I am reading Standish too