Friday, January 12, 2007

Sickly me

Yuck, I've come down with some horrendous sickness bug. I had to call my other half back from work to look after the kiddies, so that I could slope back to bed. Eventually surfaced again at 8.30pm and have managed to swallow some flat cola (best thing for stomach ache). The queasiness is mostly gone now, but I still have a vile headache and loads of joint pain. I'm only writing this now because my brand new super lovely laptop has arrived and I want to play with it :-D

Anyway, what with all this illness, I'm glad I finally managed to finish re-writing my vampy story yesterday. I like it now. It's probably not the best thing I've ever written, but it's no longer the dire mess it was either. Lord knows if it'll be the sort of thing Adam is looking for, but no matter, as I've grown to like Raffe and Lucius. I might even revisit them in the future.

Today I was supposed to finally getting on with writing either a crossdressing story, or having a go at something for Scarlet magazine, neither of which have happened, and nor can I see them happening tomorrow. Erotica writing and evil headaches just don't mix. Also, I reckon if I don't get them done this weekend I won't have time, as I intend to start writing my demon novella come Monday. Looking forward to that.

Right, off to crawl back into bed... Wish me a speedy recovery.

6 comments:

Nikki Magennis said...

Poor thing! Get well soon, Madelynne, and plenty of rest.

xx

SarahF said...

Sorry to hear that you are poorly - there is a lot of that sickness thingy going round. Hope you are feeling better now and that mr is looking after you!

Love Sarah xx

Rogers Market said...

Nice pages here. Great information. Will visit again and recommend.

Portia Da Costa said...

Are you feeling better now? Hope so! Hope you're having fun with that lappie... you've made me want another now! :)

Saskia Walker said...

Oh no, I hope you're feeling better by now. Take it easy.

Madelynne Ellis said...

Thank you ladies! I'm nicely on the mend now.