Friday, February 23, 2007

Compromising blog silence...


Ah, demon-novella, I love you, but why do you have to make life so hard?

Last few days have been a nightmare of wrong words. I'd reached a point in the story where the lust between the main characters and demonic shapeshifting finally collide, and guess what - could I write it? Like hell. Couldn't skip it either. It's an important scene and a major turning point, so for days I've been skirting around the edges of it, plugging away at it without ever really getting down to the deed.

Last night... enforced breakthrough! Well, I hope. I haven't read it back yet!

I swear sometimes it feels as though I'm running around trying to capture imprints of my characters between the pages of my notebook a la Lady Cottington's squished faeries. It makes for a pretty horrible mess.

Next chapter isn't shaping up to be any better... sigh... back to wrestling words onto the page. Wish me luck...

nb. The image is copyright Brian Froud, click on it to check out his work on his website.
--
Recently watched: Alien vs Predator (barmy fun)
Currently listening to: Passage in Time by Dead Can Dance & Whiplash by James
Currently reading: Banana Fish Volume 5 by Akimi Yoshida

1 comment:

Mathilde Madden said...

Yeah. Me too. I don't have a clue what these characters are meant to be doing. They keep doing stuff.

But is it a plot?