Sunday, April 01, 2007

I can tell it's the holidays...

I think I've fractured one of the bones in my foot. It's been killing me for a week now. Course, walking 5 miles a day on various school runs probably hasn't helped, but that's just the way it is when you're a mum. I was supposed to be going ice skating tomorrow - grump!

If foot woes weren't bad enough, I've spent the morning being violently sick. Thankfully, as it's the holidays, Mr Madelynne is home, so I've been able to stay in bed. I'm currently attempting to cure myself with flat cola (can't abide the stuff normally).

...scuse me a moment. One of the kiddies appears to have wax crayoned the walls...sigh!

Anyway, still not much progress on the writing front, although I have managed to finish one particularly sticky scene, which caused Mr Madelynne, who was peeking over my shoulder, to exclaim: 'Jam and pickles!' Honestly, he's so nosy ;-)

Right, off to snuggle back under a duvet...

--
Recently watched: Dr Who (I adore the fact we all snuggle up as a family to watch it.)
Currently listening to: Professor Coldheart singing.
Currently reading: Just finished Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones (enjoyable fun, although weirdly I think I prefer the film. Hmm, actually they're so different I consider them two entirely separate entities.) Still reading, The Summoner by Alisha Steele.

3 comments:

Portia Da Costa said...

Aw, hope you feel better soon, buddy! A poorly foot *and* sickness is just too cruel...

Take care

Love

WendyPortia

Nikki Magennis said...

I hope your foot and your lurgy clear up soon, Madelynne. Sounds like you should take the chance of a rest!

x

Madelynne Ellis said...

Thanks ladies,

I'm feeling much better today. Foot still hurts, but fingers crossed it looks as if the sickness was one of those 24hr things.