Monday, April 02, 2007

Improving

Well now, last night I thought my arms and legs were going to drop off, they ached so much. Then it was my ribs, and I decided that aching arms and legs really wasn't so bad. Then my son was sick, and BLAM! amazing maternal instinct overrode everything until he was sorted out, when I collapsed into a heap of aches and pains again.

This morning I'm feeling much better. Foot still hurts if I try to walk, but that's a good excuse to sit in a chair and write goddamnit! My word count over the last week has been pitiful. I was hoping to reach the 50K mark before the London Book Fair, but I very much doubt that's going to happen now. I've also realised that this book is destined to be way too long. I'm on Chapter Four at the moment, a third of the way through, and there's oceans of stuff still to cover. I foresee 90,000 words and serious cutting. Better start adding some of those words in a moment.

I did have one bit of excitement in the post this morning, some DVD's we'd ordered, including Another Country, which I've only wanted to see forever. That shall be my treat for working extra extra hard.

4 comments:

Portia Da Costa said...

Hope you're feeling better now!

Alison Tyler said...

Sending good wishes your way!

Also, let me know how "Another Country" is. I saw it ages ago, and I remember liking it so much. But I can't remember a thing...

Did you see "My Beautiful Laundrette"?

Saskia Walker said...

Ouch! You take care and get well soon. Sending virtual hugs (gentle ones.)

Saskia Walker said...

PS My Beautiful Launderette.. mmmmpurrrrr. I'll get nothing done now AT has set that running in my head. LOL