Thursday, April 19, 2007

Virgin Party

Phew! So I'm back from the London Book Fair and Virgin Books party. Okay, I actually got back on Tuesday, but I was exhausted and it's taken until now to recover. I had a totally excellent time and finally got to meet some of my Lust Bites chums in addition to my editor. I didn't take any pictures, but the lovely Janine Ashbless was rather more organised and did the honours. If you want to take a look you can see them over at Lust Bites.

In addition to a pile of catalogues and book fair freebies, I also came home with a contract! Yep, my demon novella, actually titled Broken Angel is going to be one of three stories in a novella collection out in Feb 08 called Possession. I'm absolutely thrilled, as I get to share the billing with the very talented Mathilde Madden.

Also being dished out at the book fair/party were Virgin's new romance & erotica brochures. Here's a little taster, for Love on the Dark Side, which contains my vampire story Lust for Blood.

---
Recently watched: Stuff on YouTube
Currently listening to: Ashura soundtrack.
Currently reading: Gothic Blue by Portia da Costa

2 comments:

Portia Da Costa said...

Wish I'd been there... maybe next time?

Congrats on the yummy contract! Well done you! Fingers crossed for me, eh?

ps. v. nervous... hope you're enjoying GB!

Madelynne Ellis said...

Wish you'd been there too!

Still haven't got very far with GB... feeling far too snowed under to be reading! Ick, why is it being a writer consists of nada or TOO MANY DEADLINES!

sigh