Thursday, May 10, 2007

Near disaster

Ack! I managed to accidentally delete 12,000 words from my WIP this evening. I have no idea how, they just vanished. Luckily, I had it saved elsewhere, thus narrowly avoiding tears, shrieking and much pulling of hair.

The dreaded scene is nearly done. It would have been done, if I hadn't had to take time out to brush up on chairs of all things. Yep, that was chairs. Still, it's gonna need serious rewrites come draft 2, as it's a veritable muddle of emotions and rampant stupidity and erm... well never mind. Oh, and it's not really a scene anymore, more like a chapter.

NB. Had an idea today for an m/m novella... Like I'm ever going to find the time.

4 comments:

t'Sade said...

I hate, hate losing works in progress. Usually its a chapter at a time and directly related to my trying to synchronized my laptop to my computers, but it is never fun when it happen.

My Stack, the place I write ideas, always grows faster than I write. And I keep getting novel ideas to put on it, which drives me nuts because I really want to write them, but I simply don't have the time. If I wrote a novel every 3 months, I'd be done in 2010.

But, at least you got through the dreaded scene. :)

Madelynne Ellis said...

Hey T'sade,

Lots of ideas is better than no ideas! I've had some dreadful experiences losing work, mostly due to dodgy electronics. However, it's taught me to back up often (I'm also not bad and weeding things out of temp files.)

Thanks for stopping by.

Michelle Pillow said...

Hey M, how's it going?

I’m getting tagged left and right, and well… You’ve been tagged! Take a look at my blog and then tell us about yourself.

LOL, sorry I just had to come get you! You were one of the names in my blogroll when I was looking for tag victims.

Hope all’s well with you.

http://michellepillow.com/authorblog/

Madelynne Ellis said...

Ah, Michelle, you naughty girl!