Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Another overdue update...

The weeks are just sailing by far too quickly at the moment. I'm up to my eyeballs in Phantasmagoria, still fighting to finish the first draft. It should be done this week. It had better be done this week as I need to go back to Broken Angel before it needs posting off.

I've hit sort of a stumbling block with writing the actual Phantasmagoria sequence. Although, maybe that's because I've been anticipating it being a nightmare from the outset. However, I read an interesting article last night, which reminded me what should have been obvious... Modern special effects are not necessarily the best thing when you're dealing with the paranormal. Sometimes a hazy half formed image is far more convincing.

Other news:

Both Phantasmagoria and Possession (Broken Angel) are now listed on Amazon, as is the reprint of A Gentleman's Wager. The latter is also available as an Audio download. (Cringe. I don't know whether to be excited about that or hide under a duvet.)

I managed to avoid being rained on over the weekend while meeting fellow Black Lace authors, Janine Ashbless, Nikki Magennis, and Mathilde Madden, which is quite a feat considering the UK weather at the moment.

This Friday, I'm doing a guest spot on Marketing with Mandy. If you haven't taken a look, Mandy has been highlighting different publishers each week. Giving some insightful experiences of what it's like to work with different houses.

Monday, should you have forgotten, is the chat at the Romance Galleria. Check out the sidebar for details and remember to download their software in advance, if you haven't done so already. I'll be there along with Portia da Costa, and we'll be giving away prizes from our respective back lists. We'll be in the Galleria from 7pm EST that's 11pm GMT, although the official chat doesn't begin until 9pm EST.

--

Recently watched: Dr Who, & CSI.
Currently listening to: L'Arc en Ciel
Currently reading: Recently finished Suite Seventeen by Portia da Costa (a cheeky and very lovely read)

1 comment:

Portia Da Costa said...

Glad you liked S17! Can I quote you as my first mini review?

love

WendyPortia