Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The bit I supposedly enjoy...


Meep! Following last week's holiday fun (still not sure if I was dumped on an alien planet or sent to priz for a week), I'm back at the keyboard working hard on Broken Angel and Phantasmagoria rewrites. Broken Angel is in the final stages. I'm pleased with it, having done some tweaks on the ending and clarified a few other points. Now I just need to make it approximately the right word count!

Phantasmagoria is proving slightly more of a headache. I so-oo want this book to be right, but it feels like a god awful mess at the moment. Still, I don't know what I expect. It is largely still the first draft. Got through the first few chapters fairly quickly, but that's not much of an achievement as they were polished as part of the proposal. Now I'm getting into the guts of the story, things are slowing right down. Spent ages last night just getting a few expressions right! Woke up this morning feeling as though I'd had my eyeballs peeled. Just a few pages done so far today, but I have reclaimed my desk - Mr Madelynne had hjacked it for his paperwork some time ago, but no more. It's mine. It has all my things on it. And I've two books to finish, dammit!

--
Recently watched: Nothing. I don't have time for TV.
Currently listening to: Rain, Thunder, Care Bears!
Currently reading: Just finished, A Rake's Vow, by Stephanie Laurens (I do like Vane). Just started, Phantasmagoria first draft!

5 comments:

Portia Da Costa said...

Ooh, I love the piccie!

AGW2 will be fabulous! I know it! Just trust your instincts...

I'm at a full stop with mine, screwed up by certain 'issues'... but I'm sure we'll both get back on track and win through in the end. :)

You are a wonderful writer, mate!

Madelynne Ellis said...

Thanks, Wendy.

The pic's from Velvet Goldmine.

Portia Da Costa said...

I've never seen that film... I think I'm going to check it out!

Sarah said...

*hugs* It'll be great I'm sure. And I'll support Wendy you always stress but I've yet to read anything bad!

More pictures of men in pretty clothes :) In fact just post pics of pretty men and I'll be happy ;).

Madelynne Ellis said...

Sarah, I'll try to find more pretty men.

Wendy, Velvet Goldmine is one of my favourite films.