Friday, July 20, 2007

Fave films.


90 pages into Phantasmagoria. Lots of rewriting going on. Still don't know if I'm going to pull this off. Questions of the moment - Why do I have so many characters? What's with Vaughan and his oral fixation? Why have I created a character with the initials S.A.E.?

Anyway, following on from my rant of the other day, I thought I share a list of my fave films. In no particular order as they change anyway...

Infernal Affairs - I dream of writing something this tautly plotted.

Dangerous Liaisons - the costume, the dialogue, John Malkovich in that coat.

Beyond the Valley of the Dolls - the music, Zeeman, I could listen to him all day.

Pitch Black - you've gotta love Riddick.

Desperado - stylish visuals, yummy Banderas.

Labyrinth - yeah, goblins and goblin king begging to be made your slave.

Ashura - demons, swording and kabuki theatre.

Velvet Goldmine - 70's glam and hot m/m snoggage.

Amadeus - I cry buckets everytime.

Gothic - who said the Regency was nice!

The Duel - Andy Lau looking scrumptious, supremely funny.

La Reine Margot - blood drenched politics.

So, what are everyone else's faves? Anything you think I might like?

1 comment:

Portia Da Costa said...

You'll probably hate most of mine... esp. my current fun film, Kevin and Perry. ;)

Here's an off the top of my head selection:

Withnail and I
Basic Instinct
The Fifth Element
Saving Private Ryan
Pirates of the Caribbean 1
Apollo 13
Bram Stoker's Dracula
The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert
Desperately Seeking Susan
LA Confidential
Master and Commander: the Far Side of the World
A Beautiful Mind
Singing in the Rain
Anything with Fred and Ginger
Casablanca
Grosse Pointe Blank
Rebecca
Brief Encounter
Bournes
Dracula [Frank Langella]
The Silence of the Lambs
Hannibal

There are zillions more, but I can't get to my stash 'cos the cat is sleeping in her basket in front of the piles of DVDs. :)