Monday, October 22, 2007

Distractions

Things were going pretty well last week and I made an impressive for me almost 8K total by Friday. That's when it all went down hill. First proofs for Broken Angel landed on the doormat with a return by date of today, which naturally boosted them to priority number one. Secondly, it was the weekend, and the start of half-term so the family are all at home. Third - is kind of related to the first, because as I've sat reading through Broken Angel, I really want to go back to that world and finish the story. Broken Angel only really sets the ball rolling, Blaze, Asha etc need their story completing, so in a fit of madness I'm contemplating writing two novel concurrently, one apocalyptic urban fantasy paranormal(ish) thingy and one Georgian 'free love' historical. Go on, tell me I'm crazy! That brings us to Fourthly: curse you JR Ward. I spent yesterday reading all about Zsadist and today I'm exercising will power and not reading about Butch. Hah! That'd be why I'm already on page 60.

I think Sven better get over here and punish me!

--
Recently watched: Blake's 7 Series 3 & Lord of the Rings
Currently listening to: Donovan
Currently reading: Lover Revealed by JR Ward

3 comments:

Nikki Magennis said...

...You're crazy, Madelynne.

Best of luck with your multiplying projects!

Saskia Walker said...

We're leading parallel lives -- I also have multiplying projects, and some proofs came in today. LOL
Good luck, Ms. Multi-tasker, you can do it.

Marty said...

Isn't that the way it always goes? Good luck with Sven!