Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Sweat 70


Motivation required... so, I've signed myself up for Seventy Days of Sweat, it seems like a more realistic goal than Nanowrimo, which would involve ignoring my children, partner and everything else for a month. 1K per day seems far more reasonable, and I should be able to do that while the kiddies are at school.

Anyway, my goal is to write the first draft of my currently untitled AGW series spin-off, which means having a workable plot by next Monday is essential. Currently it's floundering at the end of the second act and I just can't see how to tie all the knots together, but if it comes to it, I'll just have to pants the whole thing.

--
Recently watched: The Tudors
Currently listening to: Rain and Traffic
Currently reading: A Secret Love by Stephanie Laurens

8 comments:

Portia Da Costa said...

I'm sort of in the same boat. I think I may have finished a first draft of my novella by the official start date of Sweat70, so I need to be ready to begin my next full length book. However, have no actual plan for it, and not much of an idea how to get one.

So, I may also have to pants it!

Trouble is, I don't even know whether the flipping thing's in first or third person yet... sigh...

Madelynne Ellis said...

At least I know that much. Mine's in third person, and I know a bit about the characters as most of them had bit parts in Phantasmagoria.

Nikki Magennis said...

PDC, I have a great idea. I have about fifteen ideas for novels lying around but no motivation to write them. How about you write one of them for me as your sweat project??
: )

(Madelynne, I like the sound of pantsing. Does it mean all the characters have to put on a special pair of knickers?)

Good luck, both of you...

xx

Madelynne Ellis said...

Madelynne, I like the sound of pantsing. Does it mean all the characters have to put on a special pair of knickers?

Nikki, sadly not as they haven't really invented knickers as such when the story takes place.:-)

QB said...

Oh that's just not fair! You're already teasing me with an AGW spin-off while I'm still dealing with my anticipatory booklust for Phantasmagoria.

Not fair at all.

BTW, I FINALLY started listening to AGW's audio book the other day. The narrator is a bit more modern sounding than I anticipated, but otherwise, I'm enjoying it.

Madelynne Ellis said...

QB - I am a big tease!

I'll be interested to hear your opinion of the audio book. I thought it was okay, but the voices don't sound anything like character voices I hear in my head. Oh, and she can't pronounce Lauwine.

PS. Don't know how else to contact you, so could you email me :-)

QB said...

Madelynne, you can email me at
ohbal#aol#com just replace the #s with @ and .

Portia Da Costa said...

Yowsah, Nikki! I'm always scratching around for novel ideas... and finding that I'm rewriting the same old thing. So any spares you've got would be very welcome! :)