Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Happy Place!


See this picture! This is my happy place, and boy do I need one today as I'm synopsis writing. I may have mentioned this before but synopsis writing is the single worst thing about being a writer. They are essential. Editors want them, they like to know what the book you're trying to sell them is about, but I can't write them for toffee.

Now, I struggle with these wee beasties even when I have a completed novel in front of me, so you can probably imagine how difficult I'm finding it when I only have three chapters done. You got it! Bloody impossible!

Now, I'll be the first to admit, the process would probably be a whole lot easier if I had a plot that couldn't be summed up in four words: (actually, it can be summed up it two, but humour me) COMPLETE PILE OF CRAP!

Argh! I can plot, I know I can, and I'm sure this was a perfectly good one a few days ago. So what's gone wrong now? Much gnashing of teeth and hair pulling follows. Sigh! Go to my happy place, go to my happy place. Gosh, Takeshi Kaneshiro has nice eyes.

Wish me luck, if you're not all busy scavenging!
--
Recently watched: nothing
Currently listening to: The cogs in my own head turning (well, grinding anyway).
Currently reading: Fairyville by Emma Holly
Currently playing: Absolute Obedience

2 comments:

Nikki Magennis said...

oh, Madelynne, I hear you!

I read this brilliant essay by Pam Rosenthal's husband on synopsisissses, and it has helped!

Good luck!

x

Madelynne Ellis said...

Thanks for that link, Nikki. Great tips!