Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Sniffles


What do you know, I'm loaded with cold again! I blame the kiddies, they catch whatever is going around at school and bring it home to me. Needless to say it's difficult to motivate myself to write about erotic shenanigans when my head feels like it's full of cotton wool and my eyes are watering from the amount of Vicks VapoRub I've slavered on. I'm just hoping the horrible lurgy clears before Xmas. I want to spend a fun day, eating chocolate, drinking port, and playing board games with my family, not snivelling into a tissue.

As for my various works in progress... Well I've pretty much given up keeping word count on my Sven70 progress as things have veered off on a tangent into outlining and synopsis mode recently, which isn't easily quantifiable as a word count. However, the synopsis for AGW-spinoff is now complete, and I'll be sending off the proposal as an Xmas pressie to my editor sometime this week. I really hope he likes it, because I think I could have a lot of fun with this book. I'm developing rather a lot of affection for the three rakehells, who are all rather rude and crude when they're talking amongst themselves, and sometimes when they're not!

Also following the teeny teaser of Desperate Measures I posted on Lust Bites earlier this week, I've rediscovered my enthusiasm for this project too. I think it's time I reviewed it and sent it off to some publishers again. Well, once I've rewritten the synopsis, because currently it reads as terribly dry and convoluted.

Final piece of news is that I've finally finished (!) the first of the teasers I've been writing to bridge the three year gap between A Gentleman's Wager and Phantasmagoria. Not sure what I'm doing with these yet. Could end up as an Amazon Short, an extra on my updated website (another job for over Xmas) or as an extra on my Yahoo Group. I'll let you know.

--
Recently watched: Nothing
Currently listening to: Nothing
Currently reading: Simply Sexual by Kate Pearce, and Let Dai 3 by Sooyeon Won
Currently playing: Absolute Obedience (very occasionally)

No comments: