Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Deviations

I've been doing okay on the WIP for days, but today it seems the coasting is over. Every word is a serious bitch. Admittedly, I have already done my 1K for the day, but I don't feel as if it's much progress, and what I've done need some serious polish.

On another note, the damn thing has also started wandering away from the outline and synopsis I've written. That's no real surprise, I don't think I've ever written a book that didn't, but it's throwing up issues as a result. Things are happening in a different order, mostly sooner than I'd anticipated, which is playing havoc with the timeline.

Argh! And it's raining...

Actually, maybe that's it. Maybe it's just the grey day getting me down.

Still musing whether to enter the Passionate Plumes...hmm...

2 comments:

Nikki Magennis said...

'Every word is a serious bitch'

Sigh. I hear you.

Oh sod this for a lark, M. Fancy a cup of tea and some cake instead?

Portia Da Costa said...

Ouch, sorry to hear about the bitchwords... For once, I'm *not* suffering from that, and have managed to write a tidy bit today. Wonders will never cease, and that'll probably mean I won't feel inspired to do anything for the next fortnight now..