Thursday, January 17, 2008

Livid

Some despicable ****** (insert string of expletives) is selling an ARC of Phantasmagoria on eBay. I'm completely incensed. They acquired this copy for review purposes. I get nothing for it. Yet they're making money off my work. To make things worse, it's not even due to be published until the end of April, and it stated quite clearly on the cover NOT FOR RESALE. ARRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHH! Seriously, you would not believe how furious this makes me. I haven't even had my copies of this book yet!

Naturally, I've informed my editor, and eBay, but we'll see if anything comes of it.

Hope everybody else is having a better day.

3 comments:

Saskia Walker said...

There is a bright side. The seller thinks your work is gemlike and collectable. :-}

QB said...

I have no problem with ARCs being sold for charity, in fact I think it's a great idea. But it truly feels like a betrayal-- to the author AND other readers--- when someone sells ARCs for profit. Technically, it's not illegal, but it still feels wrong.

Madelynne Ellis said...

ARC being sold for charity is a wonderful idea. ARCs being sold for personal gain makes me see red.