Friday, January 11, 2008

Read any good books lately?

Actually, yes.

Don't know why, but I didn't really expect to enjoy the Vintner's Luck by Elizabeth Knox, but I did. No surprises with the murderer's identity, but Xas. I love Xas, he's so... Oh, I don't know, but he is! Definitely one for my favourites shelf. Far more of a roller coaster than I ever expected.

Speaking of favourites... I'd kind of drifted away from Let Dai, but I picked it up again, and wow! That meeting and moment of realisation in the rain was brilliant. By the end of the volume I was cursing the fact that I had somehow omitted to order the following volume(s). They'll have to wait a bit now, while I work my way through my Xmas books, by which time Amazon will have no doubt decided to be out of stock again.

--
Recently watched: Blake's 7, Series 4 (worth it just for Avon attempting to throw Vila off the ship).
Currently listening to: Yet more rain & babbling children
Currently reading: Courage to Love by Samantha Kane

1 comment:

Fionn Jameson said...

Let Dai is just bee-yoo-tiful. :) I didn't know Koreans could do yaoi as good or just as better than the Japanese, but this manhwa was a sign that yes, they can definitely do just as well. ^^ Hope you had a great holiday season!