Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Stumbling Blocks

Gawd am I having a struggle today. I've hit a point in the book where things step up a pace and major disaster looms. The problem is the reasons for it occurring are weak. Although it would perhaps be more accurate to say they are serviceable but need addressing more thoroughly earlier in the book, and I don't want to stop and go back and start rewriting yet. I really want to charge on and get to the end before I start mangling what words I already have on paper. What do other people do at this point, charge on or start butchering? I think I may have to pretend to myself that I've made the necessary changes and continue from this point as if I had. Messy though!

In other news, I'm posting at Lust Bites again today (seem to be doing a lot of that recently), this time about my paranormal novella Broken Angel. Please stop by and leave a comment for a chance to win a copy of Possession (one of three being given away this week.)

--
Recently watched: Ghostbusters!
Currently listening to: Very annoying background TV noise.
Currently reading: Possession by Mathilde Madden, Madelynne Ellis & Anne Tourney

1 comment:

Nikki Magennis said...

My strategy right now is to stick my fingers in my ears and sing 'lalala' and keep writing until the bitter end, at which point I shall no doubt have to burn large chunks and rewrite the whole fecking beast. But there you go!

So I vote charge now, butcher later. : ) And congrats on Possession, it sounds ace.