Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Endings and Beginnings


I'm done with Fortuna. Least ways, I've finished the first draft (okay, technically it's still missing the final chapter, but I can't actually bring myself to write it.) and boy does it need at lot of work. I'm going to put it to one side for a bit though, because I need a break from it, and time for ideas to percolate. I already have a fairly good idea of what I want to do it, but I need some distance.

Today, I'm picking up the contemp I wrote an outline for ages ago (see pic for inspiration). It was originally going to be a novella, but I'm looking at expanding it into a novel. A nice lightweight novel, with no heavy doom and gloom. Yeah, right! Like that'll happen. I work out all my issues while writing.

I'm still getting absolutely nowhere with my vampire story. Only six week to the deadline now, and I really don't want to waste this title. Gah, stupid vampires, can't I write about djinn instead?

Oh, and I'm PAN registered now! I would do a yippety, skippety dance, but I can't say it's made much difference to my existence so far. I've also entered a contest! I don't expect to come anywhere.

--
Recently watched: CSI
Currently listening to: Suede
Currently reading: Sin by Sharon Page & and something for a friend.

3 comments:

Nikki Magennis said...

Oh, well done on Fortuna, Madelynne! And I'm intrigued by the title of this vampire story ...

What is PAN?

x

Sedonia Guillone said...

Madelynne - Who is this person in the pic. He's definitely inspiring and I do so hope you write that book. I really feel there's something to look forward to there. (No pressure) Anything I can do to help inspire you, let me know! You write great stuff. Sedonia

Madelynne Ellis said...

Nikki - PAN is Published Author Network, it part of RWA.

Sedonia, the man is Gackt. And yes, he's verrrry inspiring.