Sunday, March 02, 2008

Unravelling knots.

Fortuna has thrown up a few surprises recently. Murder, accident or suicide, I've had to ask myself. I won't tell you the answer. Hell, for a good while I did know myself. This is the problem with writing at a faster pace, my mind doesn't have time to figure out all the plot strands until I've reached the point where they have to be addressed. Then writing grinds to a halt as I try and play catch up. Only sometimes, I simply have to step away from the story and allow myself time for my brain to unkink. The first draft of this book was supposed to be finished two weeks ago. I reckon it won't be done for another fortnight, but the additional month is exactly what it needs for all the ideas and images to stew.

Officially, I wrote 1.2K last night. Realistically, it was probably nearer 4K. The discrepancies come from me spending time reworking a slew of flat scenes and wooden dialogue. I'm much happier now. The locations have come alive, but I do feel immensely sorry for my poor hero. He's being put through the mill. I suspect he'll think twice about helping any damsels in distress again considering where it has led him. LOL!

Meanwhile, 70 days of sweating with Sven has started up again. I'm not an official participant this time but I will be cheering the other participants on, particularly my good friend Portia da Costa, who is also a sponsor for the challenge.

Other news, Sedonia Guillone's new book, Men of Toyko: Sudden Bliss is released tomorrow. I had the privilege of reading an early draft of this book and it's and endearing love story. You can find it at Total E Bound.

--
Recently watched: Ashes to Ashes
Currently listening to: Kiddies playing Hello Kitty.
Currently reading: Sin by Sharon Page

1 comment:

Sedonia Guillone said...

Thank you, Madelynne!