Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Bad Blogging

I am such a bad blogger. I'm sure there are loads of things I've meant to mention over the last few weeks but somehow finding time to write the post never materialises. Lets see if I can remember...

Jousting: I love watching the jousting. We went to see two nutcases charging at each other in the full Tudor regalia ie bolted into their armour so they couldn't see a bloody thing, in blazing sunshine. The first clash smashed the wooden lances (yep, real wood not balsa) and sent one of them about fifty feet in the air. It came down point first into the crowd. Thankfully, no one was hurt. All very exciting, but not quite as shocking as the last lot of jousting we saw, where there was very nearly a fatality when one of the "knights" was knocked of his horse when his opponents lance became wedged between his plate and his helmet.

RWA planning meeting: I met up with Portia da Costa and Saskia Walker in Manchester to discuss our plans for RWA and all the travel details. It was great day out, but eek scary how close it is until we fly now. Not that I'm nervous or anything... yeah, right!

What else? I've been camping, watched far too much Battlestar Galactica, started playing Crisis Core with Mr Madelynne, like I'd ever be able to resist when it features both Sephiroth and Gackt (oops Genesis) in the same game!

On a writing note, I sold a vampire short to BL for the Love at First Bite antho, I'm still wading through the third draft of Fortuna (probably ought to let someone read the damn thing soon) and entertaining myself by writing about Alastair and Jude in my spare time.

I'm still not sure what's going to come next. It could be a return to Desperate Measures, or maybe Darleston's book, or the follow up to Broken Angel, or even AGW3. Damn Vaughan won't let things go.

Right, off to do more tweaking...

--
Recently watched: Dr Who
Currently listening to: Rebirth by Gackt
Currently reading: Nicholas by Elizabeth Amber

1 comment:

t'Sade said...

Oh, sounds like fun. I hope RWA is a ball. And 'gratz on selling the story, that is always a great feeling. Though, I'll have to look up the game. :)