Friday, July 25, 2008

Yikes!

I didn't mean to disappear for the best part of ten days, but suddenly family obligations and RWA preparations have taken over my life. I've done no writing since I finished Pure Folly, which I intend to edit on the plane.

At the moment, in between bouts of blind panic, I'm trying to pull together paragraph descriptions of the numerous projects I could work on next. Every time I think I have it narrowed down, something else crops up to make me doubt myself.

Options are:

Darleston's book -I have the main relationship, but only a hazy idea of the rest.

AGW3 (yes, it has a title) Not sure I'm ready for it yet. After Darleston's book, maybe. But the strands are slowly coming together.

Follow-up to Broken Angel (also has a title) no definite plot, just themes and shadows, but it might make a nice break from the historicals.

Desperate Measures - I have 30K of this already done, and I don't think it'd take much to get back into it.

Kit - contemporary threesome type thing (could just be a novella rather than a novel).

Neddy's book - Okay, that just came out of nowhere earlier this evening.

There aren't enough days in the year for all these projects, and believe me, there are others in the wings too. I give up. I think I'll just look at this pic a bit more instead.


3 comments:

Madame Butterfly said...

You know what I'm amazed at? How you authors have so much to write about.

All these stories you have in your head, it's remarkable really. And that you can write them so well.

I always think that once you have an idea of what you want to write then it would kind of all go quickly. It seems the hard part is coming up with stuff and you definitely have no shortage of ideas. : )

But you do have a nice way of avoiding. :D

Have fun at RWA.

Bev(QB) said...

Take a deep breath woman! You are hereby given permission to ENJOY this trip.

And you know what? Talking to all your sister authors will probably send your muse into a creative frenzy anyhow. So why not leave the current WIPs at home, and just sit back and amuse yourself with whatever pops into your head on the plane. Maybe just some fun creative exercises/games with your travel mates? Maybe just play with some random thoughts and ideas-- maybe they'll go somewhere, maybe they won't-- but do you REALLY think you'll be able to TRULY lose yourself in your WIPs?

Oh, and remember to get the hell out of the hotel and conference center and see some San Francisco! I'm jealous because even I haven't been to SF yet!

Sedonia Guillone said...

Wow! You have so many projects! It's wonderful to have so much inspiration. And oooohh, I love that photo! Yummy.