Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I'm miserable but pretending otherwise. Crappy news combined with post-book blues is to blame. The solution is to get on with something else, except I'm feeling too miserable and the next thing I need to do is write a dreaded synopsis!

Anyway, hope you'll hop over to Lust Bites today and say hi to Sedonia Guillone, who is talking about her m/m Men of Tokyo books.

Recently watched: Olympic Gymnastics
Currently listening to: Afro Celt Soundsystem. Sound Magic Vol 1
Currently reading: Reckless by Saskia Walker

6 comments:

Madame Butterfly said...

Oh.. that sucks. All I have to offer is that cliche-ic "This too will pass." I know, not much use to you.

When I get in a funky space all I can do is either try and distract myself (usually by eating tons of yummy, but crappy for me food, watching a sappy movie, or reading)... or just wait it out.

Hopefully your day picks up and the energy changes. I'll send some posi thoughts.

Portia Da Costa said...

Aw, sorry you're feeling so down and you've had bad news. I know those feelings well, and it's so tough.

But hang in there, mate. You're a brilliant writer, with great ideas, and when you've worked through this temporary dip, you'll be back on top and feeling positive again.

Nikki Magennis said...

Oh hon, I'm sorry to hear that. Anything I can do?

Sending a hug and a big cup of hot chocolate for a rainy afternoon. xx

Saskia Walker said...

Oh Madelynne, so sorry you've had a rough patch. Hang in there! I'm sending virtual hugs and tickles your way and hoping things pick up very quickly.

Saskia Walker said...

Eeek, just seen what you're reading. (bites nails) Play Cradle of Filth, very loud. ;)

Madelynne Ellis said...

Nikki - A big cup of hot chocolate! What a splendid idea.

Saskia, you have nothing to worry about.

Have indulged in a small amount of Mr Filth's gravelly voice today, but I'm currently being maudlin with Depeche Mode.