Thursday, August 07, 2008

SF RWA Madness




So I'm back from RWA still tired and trying to fall back into the normal routine, only my normally routine is totally screwed up by the school holidays.

I'm not sure what to say about RWA, too many things happened in too short a space of time, so I guess I ought to stick to the highlights.

Beau Monde Regency Soiree - really enjoyable, wish I could have stuck it out until the end, but the jetlag caught up with me by 10pm and I had to call it a night. It was well worth it though. Lovely food, costumes and fun dancing.

Breakfast with Michelle Buonofiglio and the Bellas. If you haven't visited her at her lifetime TV blog, then you should. What can I say, she's a really funny, warm and lovely person. Between her and Anna Campbell, I was in stitches. I'm hoping we can coax Michelle into visiting the UK sometime soon.

Lust Bites get together, sadly minus Portia as she was dead on her feet from jetlag and partying. The rest of us, myself, Dayle, Tereasa and Kate had a good old gossip.

Major disapointment of the event. Missing Anais Nohant at the Passionate Ink party. I did get to see her briefly at the Lit signing, but I intended to hunt her down on Saturday afternoon before we left for the airport. Somehow, I got sidetracked though, while delivering a large bar of Cadbury's Dairy Milk to Kate Pearce.

I know I did oodles more than this but it'd take months to write it all down. One good thing that came out of the ten hour flight home was that I had a bit of a revelation regarding my AGW series. I know Saskia and Portia were both much amused by my manic scribbling in my teeniest notebook.

Anyway, the upshot of it was that I realised that what I thought was the start of Darleston's book (but which had lately been demoted to an extended prologue) is actually the start of AGW3. It seems blindingly obvious to me now, but I'd been getting myself in a real tizzy over it. I couldn't work out how to fit all those scenes together in a logical order without having a large chunk of seemingly unnecessary information at the start of Darleston's book. All it took was the realisation that the events in AGW and Darleston's book occur simulanteously. Which I guess means I'll be writing about Vaughan again sooner rather than later. :-)

Right, back to editing Pure Folly.

--
Recently watched: Shortbus (Brilliant - virtually pitch perfect) & Gahatto (Beautiful, but my head hurts).
Currently listening to: Annoyingly cute Japanese video game.
Currently reading: Just finished Lord of Scoundrels by Loretta Chase & Seven by Momoko Tenzen.

4 comments:

Madame Butterfly said...

Oh wow, sounds like you had a lot of fun. And you got some inspiration as well! And oooh, some more Vaughan. Yummers.

By the way, you look very nice in that pic. :)

Madelynne Ellis said...

Thank you, kindly.

And yup, lots of fun.

Portia Da Costa said...

You sound much brighter and more recovered than me, old mate! I'm still pretty much functioning like the Z word... LOL

It'll be a while yet before I can even think about writing and plotting.

SF was a blast though, wasn't it? I had the best time, and hanging out with you was awesome! :)

Anaïs Nohant said...

I was devastated I missed the PI party. Somehow I got it into my head that it was at 7:30. I walked in and the place was empty. So I left you and Portia's prezzy at front desk and moped that night. So sorry I was goofball extraordinaire and missed a chance to hang out.