Sunday, August 24, 2008

Shifting gears

So, despite my absolutely loathing of synopsis writing, I've somehow managed to produce two of the damn things in the last two days. The first is for Pure Folly which I'm on the verge of sending out into publication land. The second is for that thing in the sidebar entitled "Kit".

Hm, Kit, yes... Well, thanks to some brainstorming help from the lovely Portia da Costa, it now has a much better title and an outline for me to write to. Just need to write the 10K or so of story to go with it for the proposal now.

What, you want to know what it's about?

It's a dreaded contemporary, I'm afraid. Terrible, isn't it. But after Phantasmagoria, Fortuna and Pure Folly, I think I need a little break from the historicals. No doubt by next week I'll have changed my mind again.

--
Recently watched: Consenting Adults
Currently listening to: Violator by Depeche Mode
Currently reading: Red Angel by Makoto Tateno

7 comments:

Sedonia Guillone said...

I'm sure it will be incredible, Madelynne!

Madame Butterfly said...

It's a dreaded contemporary, I'm afraid

Oh nice. Some of us readers do like contemporaries. :D

I can't wait for your next book to come out. I've just ordered Passion of Isis and Possession
They can tide me over until then, I hope.

Bev(QB) said...

As I recently learned with Dark Designs, not all contemporaries should be avoided.

Note to self: Contemporary + Madelynne = Heads Up.

Madelynne Ellis said...

I'm glad you think so Bev!

As for whether it'll be wonderful... It seems fairly ordinary at the moment, but I'm sure I can inject some quirkiness in there somewhere.

Hope you enjoy Passion of Isis and Possession, Madame B.

Sedonia Guillone said...

I have complete faith in you, Madelynne.

Madelynne Ellis said...

If only I had the same in myself.

Saskia Walker said...

I'm so glad to hear you've got new stuff cooking. Hang in there!