Tuesday, September 30, 2008

New pastures

The Tokyo set liaisons story is gone and hopefully now sitting on the editor's desk. Crit partner liked it, which is a good start, I just hope the editor feels the same way.

Meanwhile, I'm battling it out with the "Bloody Novel". This is not the actual title, but it is rather an apt one. I've already written two opening scenes for this one, but there was something not quite right about them. Luckily, I've realised that the problem was I was starting in the wrong place, and that the characters need a more immediate and engaging goal that just staying out of trouble. I hope I now have a much stronger opening planned out (yet to write it).

This new angle has also created a role for a new character. Hm, I love new characters, there's so much scope for fun. Actually, there are two new characters turning up near the start of this book. I don't know much about them yet besides their names and a few odd titbits, but I'm looking forward to finding out about them.

Oh, and I love one of them already because his appearance gives rise to a bit of dialogue from Blaze that just cracks me up. It probably won't have the same effect on anyone else, but then, I'm easily amused.

On the news front - it looks as if Phantasmagoria will be available as an ebook at some point soon, and I've had a lovely review of Passion of Isis - click here to read more -

--
Recently watched: Fuurin Kazan (yeah, Gackt has turned up, and he looks ever so pretty next to all these swarthy samurai)
Currently listening to: La Femme Nikita soundtrack
Currently reading: Dark Prince by Christine Feehan (extremely slowly)

7 comments:

Sedonia Guillone said...

Oohh! You set a story in Tokyo? I want to read it someday!

Thanks for signing my fanlist, Madelynne.

Sedonia

Madelynne Ellis said...

Hm, it's set in Kabukicho at a host bar!

MB (Leah) said...

Hm, it's set in Kabukicho at a host bar!

Oooooh, I can't wait for this one. :D

Kabukichou is a fun, fun, place. I'm sure your story will get picked up.

Madelynne Ellis said...

Now you're both making me worried. The location isn't really that big a part of the plot. It's more about the situation.

Bev(QB) said...

You're such a tease. Don't think I didn't notice that you really let no details of the Bloody Novel's story slip through.

And Phantasmagoria in ebook form?! NO! You mean Virgin Black Lace is finally... FINALLY... joining the current century?

Sedonia Guillone said...

Don't be nervous, Madelynne! It's just that when you mention the host club, it sets off all kinds of yummy associations. Your writing is fabulous.

MB (Leah) said...

Yes, yes, don't be nervous. I agree with Sedonia, it's all about your writing. I only said what I did because I spent many a night partying in Kabukichou and so it brings up fun memories.

And anyway, you are excellent at portraying a realistic vibe around places and settings in your books. I'm sure it's totally fine!