Thursday, September 18, 2008

Stuck...

in bed, feeling sorry for myself.

I've hurt my knee and it's swollen to about three times its normal size. It's not painful, but it's damn hard to walk on.

Anyway, you might think that this would mean I'd have extra time to write, being glued to a chair and all, however, I'm finding that my concentration isn't so good. That said, I did manage to do an amazing for me 1.3K of short story yesterday.

I'm still not settled to my main WIP either. I think I'm too conscious of what I want to achieve with it. Somehow, I need to switch off my internal editor and just write the thing. Once I have words on paper, it'll be much easier to tweak into proper shape. Gawd, sometimes I wish I wasn't such a perfectionist!

---
Recently watched: Fuurin Kazan
Currently listening to: Ashura Soundtrack
Currently reading: (or more accurately, failing to) The Raven Prince by Elizabeth Holt.

5 comments:

Nikki Magennis said...

Hope the knee gets better soon, Madelynne. You're doing the frozen peas/hot water bottle thing?

Madelynne Ellis said...

Yup, cept it's sweetcorn instead of peas!

Madame Butterfly said...

Sorry about the knee. That really sucks. I hope the swelling goes down el pronto. It's good that it's not painful, though.

And you got some writing in anyway. Good for you! And us. :)

If it makes you feel better, I have to have surgery on a tooth today. But they're gonna knock me out with happy pills. There's always a silver lining somewhere. :)

Bev(QB) said...

OUCH! But really, woman, you don't write with your knee. Buck it up, and use that pain to write some intense scenes!

Hee, just kidding, but can you tell I need a Vaughan fix?

Madelynne Ellis said...

I'm not thinking about Vaughan. I'm trying to figure out what the hell Blaze and Asha are up to, but there are so many tangled threads in this plot I can't keep track of them all.

Sorry.