Saturday, October 04, 2008

For QB... she who must know all.

Following this comment "You're such a tease. Don't think I didn't notice that you really let no details of the Bloody Novel's story slip through." I figured I needed to make amends for my cruel and wicked ways, or something like that... LOL.

So,

1. The Bloody novel is not really called that.
2. It's not AGW3, which has a different name. Shall we call it Arastabananasaurus... and yes, that's an old and very complex joke, requiring the hunting down of several old friends of mine for an explanation, which they will prove unsatisfying at giving due to abysmal pronunciation attempts.
3. In the Bloody novel. I am going to let my evil side shine and give the characters a very hard time.
4. I have just introduced two new characters, and they're already trading juices with the lead!
5. Fortuna is one of nine children: Sarah, Fortuna, Alicia, Mercy, Patience, Gabriel, Mae, Kitty and Sophia. All but one of whom appears in Fortuna's book.
6. Vaughan's father is Sebastian Peredur Forvasham, not that it's important.
7. Lucerne's paternal grandmother is called Elizabeth, which is even less important.
8. With the exception of Fortuna, all my heroines have four letter names, and that includes the ones in Desperate Measures (which is still only half written) and the one in Darleston's book (which is barely begun.)
9. In Dark Designs, Silk is actually Silk's surname not his forename.
10. My favourite short story that I've written is the one set to appear in Lust at First Bite.

5 comments:

Bev(QB) said...

Well, yes, that certainly clears that up.

NOT


And the absolute worst part is that, based on the title of the post (who me?), I can't tell if you are throwing random facts out, or are feeding us obscure, yet pertinent, clues to the content of The Bloody Book. Hmmmm... for some reason the term mind-fuck keeps floating to the surface of my brain. Wonder why? ;-}

Madelynne Ellis said...

You do know that I'm evil, right? :)

Sedonia Guillone said...

Hey Madelynne - I have two questions about Silk. Will you ever reveal his forename? And what does he do for a living? I don't remember learning that in the story and I've always been curious to know more about him.

Madelynne Ellis said...

Never say never...

I'm not about to blurt either out at the moment. I have a feeling Silk might like to tell the world himself some day. That, and you know what characters are like, the minute you write something down, they decide that actually, it's something else.

Sedonia Guillone said...

Well, I hopw he does someday! Not only will it satisfy my curiosity baout him, but where Silk is, Takeshi is and I would be thrilled to read more of him! lol