Tuesday, October 07, 2008

The plot bunny shifts tonight...

Yup, once again the plot bunny hath arrived and caused a huge sideways shift.

You know my original plans for Desperate Measures... well, they suck! Seriously!

Hence I've bolted them in a box and tossed them into a bottomless pit. The beginning is staying the same, because I like that. It's just chapter five onwards that needs a major plot reassessment.

The thing is with this book, I've always loved Stark, and I realised, he needs more sex. Yup, he does. I have got to get this guy naked.

Not that he's a nice man, you understand, but I'm beginning to think he's not altogether nasty, just misunderstood and defamed. As for my main protagonist dude, well... Let's just say he completely and utterly fails in the law abiding, do right, alpha male stakes. He's more of a sly manipulative, miscreant.

Yes, that's right. In Madelynne world villain and hero, what's the difference?

Gawd, I love it when the plot gets complex.

As you may have guessed by this point, my afternoon project has taken over. I haven't really got into the swing of the Bloody Novel yet, whereas this is jumping up and down excitedly. I still have issues with the Bloody Novel. Nothing serious, I just need to hit the 25K mark. That's normally about the point where I become hopelessly besotted with one or other of the characters and just want to run with them.

3 comments:

Bev(QB) said...

You know, between this post and the previous one, I'm ready for this book NOW! So tell your publisher to just go ahead and set the release date for one week after you finish it. K THX. :-D

MB (Leah) said...

Oh I get it now, your process IS the story. LOL

Wow! I totally love your process. It's utterly fascinating. This and your last posts are like some sort of serial that you've got going and I want more! LOL

Madelynne Ellis said...

Bev, if only it were that simple.

MB: Are you sure I'm not just spouting incoherent crap? Seriously, I'm sure my rambling train of though makes no sense whatsoever.