Sunday, October 26, 2008

Twenty five titbits

Five things that annoy the hell out of me.

1. Reviewers who clearly haven't read the book.
2. Editors that don't get back to you.
3. My own inability to be satisfied with anything less than perfection.
4. My own inability to produce said perfection.
5. People who phone me when I'm writing and expect me to be civil.

Five things I lurve...

1. Strong, opinionated characters. They're so much easier to write.
2. Witty dialogue.
3. Lots of visuals. Description is good. White boxes are not.
4. Unusual names, (but not ones that require a pronunciation guide.)
5. Vaughan, (but don't tell him that ;-))

My five favourite books...

1. Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien
2. The Poldark series of books by Winston Graham
3. The Sunne in Splendour by Sharon K Penman
4. The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte
5. Lord Wraxhall's Fancy by Anna Lieff Saxby

Five books I still haven't written...

1. AGW 3
2. Darleston's story
3. Desperate Measures
4. Broken Angel part 2 (although I'm working on it)
5. This damn contemporary that's annoying the hell out of me.

Five things yet to come... (WARNING SPOILER ALERT LOL!)

1. A small matter concerning the unnatural tightness of ones trousers.
2. Hand sex
3. The theft of a very fine pair of boots.
4. A highly unexpected and very violent death.
5. Off camera buttsecks

Me bad... LOL... sorry.

4 comments:

MB (Leah) said...

Oh I love your "Five things I lurve" List. By the way, are we still sharing Vaughan? *runs and hides before QB shows up* :D


Five things yet to come... (WARNING SPOILER ALERT LOL!)

OK, you have my attention. LOL

Especially for-- #'s 1, 2 and 5. :-O

Madelynne Ellis said...

We can still share Vaughan. Seriously, I need the vacation from him. If he comes home now, I'll never get Broken Angel part 2 finished.

As for the spoilers, well you know the real fun is in working out which books they apply to ;-)

Bev(QB) said...

Oh, jeez, sorry I'm late. You know how Vaughan can be, he just wouldn't let me leave to come visit.

:-D

And I will NOT comment on the OFF CAMERA buttsecks. (I'm sure you will realize that it is an integral part of the story and you will also remember the first rule of writing: "Show, don't tell.") Nope, no comment on that statement at all.

::whistles innocently::

Madelynne Ellis said...

ROTFLMAO!

You know Bev, you just might win on that point. I think a certain person might just have pressed a certain other persons right buttons this morning.