Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Horses


Lets just say I fell off the horse recently, and as taught, got straight back on... Cue wild gallop and a vicious cold. Last week was crazy. Seriously upside down crazy. It remains to be seen whether there'll be a payoff to make it worth it.

Am I being too cryptic? LOL

Anyway, back to normal this week, and I've realised that I need to get a few things dealt with before I properly settle down to BM again. That is, getting the proposal for the dreaded contemporary done, and writing some short stories for various upcoming calls. I can't say the prospect of either filled me with much enthusiasm yesterday, but I plodded on. Today has been much better. 2K of naughty sex written this morning, and I think I've got a handle on the characters, or at least I'm getting there. I've had the basic plot of the contemp outlined for ages, but there's been something missing that's stopped me getting on with it. Silly me, I should have just dealt with it the way I normally do... Keep writing, and let the characters speak. They'll spell it out.

Ross just did.

I forgot to let him have a voice before. I was missing his perspective. (Stupid, stupid, Madelynne). Naturally, Ross is really at the centre of things and has the best background knowledge of the other characters, so he should have been the one I was talking too.

Poor boy. From what he's just said, I think he's going to end up horribly torn.

--
Recently watched: BSG Season four.
Currently listening to: Moon by Gackt
Currently reading: The New Rakes by Nikki Magennis.

1 comment:

Sedonia Guillone said...

I'm glad you're able to move on with writing, Madelynne. I know just how it feels when you hit those difficult spots. I'm still having moments of that and I'm ddoing what you are - just sitting down and getting some work done no matter how much resistance there is.

And Moon is a good album. That one took a while to grow on me but it really has some wonderful tracks on it. "Fragrance" and "Missing" are my two favourites.