Monday, November 24, 2008

Website Update


I've been staring at these guys today...

Actually, scratch that. I've been working on some website updates, some agent queries, brushing up the proposal for the dreaded contemporary, and trying to make some progress on the half-cooked story I'm considering sending in for the Black Lace Misbehaviour call. The deadline for which is next week.

Not superwoman standard, but not bad all things considered.

Now I just need to type up the notes I made on that story and then I can settle down to catch up on either Survivors or Einstein and Edison. I think I'm allowed to watch a bit of TV occasionally.

As for the dreaded contemporary - I think it's slowly growing on me, or at least the characters are. I think/hope that they're a nice mix of sexy and yet vulnerable. The plan is to have the proposal sent off by the end of the week, so I'd better pour some of this growing affection into the synopsis. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Not synopsis writing again.

Seriously, I hope one day to be able to write books without having to provide a synopsis.

--
Recently watched: Timewatch: How to write a Mills & Boon Novel
Currently listening to: Not in a music mood at the moment
Currently reading: A Lick of Frost by Laurell K Hamilton

6 comments:

Sedonia Guillone said...

I agree. Synopses are a pain the tush! Where do you find these yummy pictures, Madelynne? lol

Bev(QB) said...

::pets the pretties::

You still have to do proposals for Black Lace? They don't contract for x number of books and instead you have to submit for each one? Is that a general U.K. publishers quirk or just Black Lace?

Madelynne Ellis said...

Can't speak for the rest of the UK publishers, but Black Lace contract on a book by book basis, which means, yep, I have to submit every single one in the standard way.

And to make matters worse, they're not taking any historicals at present - grrrr!

MB (Leah) said...

And to make matters worse, they're not taking any historicals at present - grrrr!

What?! I may have to re-think my lurve for BL. You write such fantastic historicals.

I don't know about publishing at all, but I would think as a tried and true BL author you'd not have to do proposals. That's kind of strange.

BTW, I think you should stick to the name, "The Dreaded Contemporary." I quite like it. :D

Madelynne Ellis said...

I seriously wish I didn't have to do proposals... life would be so much easier.

I'm rather fond of the "The Dreaded Contemporary" too, but I'm afraid the book does have a proper title too.

Rio said...

Sounds like you need a cut and paste synopsis creator or a fill in the blanks form to speed things up.

Submitting a proposal for every contract sounds a royal pain and definitely a task I would put off and put off and put off.

Interesting idea - write it from the Cats' perspective, after all cats being fickle means you should be able to change the plot later.

Seriously though
Good luck with the proposal