Sunday, December 14, 2008

And another...

Reviews, that is. This time for A Gentleman's Wager over at JERR. You can read it here. I particularly like the fact that she says it reads like a movie because I strive to make my visuals cinematic.

Other stuff:

I'm seriously bogged down in all the seasonal stuff at the moment. Lots of activities that are demanding my attention and take me away from getting any writing done. I keep promising myself that I'm going to settle down to it in the evenings, but it never seems to happen. I'm just wa-ay too tired. The other problem is that I have far too many projects on the go, and I can't seem to settle on one of them long enough to really get into it. I guess this is what happens when you're sitting around waiting to see if editors will bite.

Fortuna is still out at various places... sigh... so nobody hold their breath over when that's going to be available. I'm also waiting to hear about the Dreaded Contemporary.

Meanwhile, my projects list looks something like this:

The Dreaded Contemporary (It's contemporary so much harder to settle to. Mind keeps wandering to all the hot monkey sex the guys are NOT having.)

Desperate Measures (I don't know why I'm not working on this, cause actually it's rather fun.)

Yon paranormal (Problem here is that I need to get in the zone to make any progress on it. The style is somewhat different to the other projects, and it's quite complex. Lots of characters with their own Machiavellian motivations.)

Darleston (I could work on this, but I feel I ought to place Fortuna first)

AGW3 (see Darleston... Since the books are related.)

m/m novella (Only got added to the list last night, when I realised that an idea I've had tumbling around my head for aeons is actually a workable story concept. Must not get distracted by this, and choosing a title and character names.)

Two short stories (Deadlines fast approaching. Gah, I'd much rather work on something longer.)

So-oo, that's me!

Oh, nearly forgot. Cast your votes in the sidebar, and I'll post an offering from one of the aforementioned projects.

8 comments:

MB (Leah) said...

Heh, I think you have my "I feel like eating something but just went shopping and there are too many options, so too overwhelmed to eat at all" syndrome. LOL

Wow, you have so much on your plate. I guess on the one hand it's nice since you can't get bored. Just work on another project if stuck on one. But on the other hand, so many projects could just daunt you right into distractions.

(It's contemporary so much harder to settle to. Mind keeps wandering to all the hot monkey sex the guys are NOT having.)

Just curious here, but why does contemp= NOT having hot monkey sex? Or haven't you gotten to that part of the story yet? Cause there was lots of hawt monkey sex going on in Dark Designs and Passion of Isis. :D

Holidays are a big time just let yourself relax and enjoy.

BTW? When is Pure Folly coming out? I checked Total-E-Bound and didn't see it in coming soon. Or did you mention is somewhere and I missed it?

Madelynne Ellis said...

Am I allowed to say it's complicated? It's kind of to do with the story emphasis ie it's not supposed to be riddled with hot man loving. Leastways not hot man-on-man loving. It's going on, but... ahhhh! It's to do with POV etc.

As for Pure Folly... It's currently slated for a May release, so bit of a wait yet I'm afraid.

Bev(QB) said...

Okay, is it wrong of me that, everytime I see a new review for AGW or Phantasmagoria, I want to stomp my foot and say "I SAW IT FIRST" neener neener neener? ;-p

I had the same reaction that MB had to what you said about the contemp- if your mind keeps wandering to the hot monkey man sex, maybe it's because it needs to be in there! Just sayin' :-D

And, geez, give yourself a break! Take the holidays off and only write when you WANT TO, not because you have to!

Although, I DID vote for you to work on Fortuna. I suppose that's not a big surprise, is it?

Madelynne Ellis said...

Well, maybe it does. It really depends on who I sell the book to as to how much hot man loving I can get away with.

Taking a break - oh, I will be. Off visiting family etc soon, so I won't get a thing done. And I'd like to do the write when I WANT TO think, but then I'd only write one book every five years. Do you really want to wait that long? Seriously, I have to prod myself or I'd never do anything.

Erm, poll was just to vote for which project you'd like me to post an excerpt from, not for which one I'm going to work on. Fortuna is already complete and has been for some time, including at least three sets of rewrites.

You do know, that Vaughan doesn't appear, right?

Bev(QB) said...

Heh, I knew Fortuna was done, but thought that there were some final edits or something. But an excerpt is even better!

And, even without Vaughan, I WANT it... NOW!

Madelynne Ellis said...

LOL! Ah, Bev, you're good for my ego.

Think I NEED to go write some hot man sex!

Madelynne Ellis said...

Hm, failed to write hot man sex, but I did make some progress, so it's not all bad. Quite a productive evening really.

Sedonia Guillone said...

Congratulations on that review, Madelynne!

Wow, you have so many things going. I know how that is. Sometimes the only way I can make progress is to send a piece in and get a contract on it so that the time constriction motivates me. (I'm not recommending this, just sharing my sympathy.)

Truthfully, you write some of the best hawt man sex I ever read. so I know that whenever you get around to it, it will be fabulous reading.