Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Floodland


Writing is a curious occupation.

Seriously, I'm constantly baffled by how it can be the easiest and most difficult occupation in the world. Take last night for example. There I was, doing my best to actually get some words down on one of the numerous ongoing projects I have, and all I really managed to do was tweak a few sentences. I knew something came next but I was buggered if I knew what.

Cut to this morning...

For no apparent reason I'm suddenly drowning in ideas. Scenes and characters are all splashing about, snapshots of about seven different books are forming a horrific montage in my brain and all I seem able to do is run about frantically trying to catch the torrent in a tea cup.

Please send larger tea cup!

Maybe it's the snow! Or the fact that I'm kind of excited about the fact that 2008 is ending. It hasn't been a great year. There have been good bits, but mostly I seem to have spent a lot of time wading. Here's to 2009. Let's hope it's a good one.

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL

3 comments:

Bev(QB) said...

May 2008's setbacks turn out to be pivot points that send you on a successful journey through 2009.

Lisabet Sarai said...

Happy New Year, Madelynne!

Maybe 2009 will be the year we get to meet in person.

BTW I love your interim titles. I can't wait to read "The Dreaded Contemporary".

Warmly,
Lisabet

www.lisabetsarai.com

Janine Ashbless said...

Enjoy the torrent of ideas; it's wonderful when that happens, isn't it?
Happy New Year Madelynne - best wishes for life and writing.