Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Blaming it on the weather


Muddling along with a set of short stories for the upcoming Black Lace anthologies. I managed to finish the first one last night, and now it's onto the Affair. I'm not sure what's coming out is really very appropriate. It seems very melancholy and literary at the moment, and I suspect they're after something more uplifting and lightweight. I can' t bring myself to cast the idea aside though, because deep down I love it so much, even though it's causing me no end of writing pain.

Speaking of pain, typing is knackering my shoulder. It keeps making alarming crunching noises! I thought I'd been sleeping funny on it, or managed to knock it over Xmas, but no, I've since realised that typing is the culprit. Suppose it's due to sitting in a bloody freezing cold house all day typing on my laptop. Thing is, even though it's cold at the moment, I'm loving this weather. The snow outside is all powdery and clean and makes everything look so bright and pretty. I don't even mind walking in it. It's certainly a big improvement on the torrential rain that we normally get.

Wish me luck with the rest of my torrid affair. I want to get it over with so I can get back to the dreaded contemporary, which is no longer quite so dreaded and is shaping up to be a claustrophobic shagfest, or something like that :)

NB: Today's pretties, I blame MB and BevQB for flaunting him. How's a writer supposed to resist?

--
Recently watched: Absolutely bugger all
Currently listening to: the washing machine competing with the dishwasher
Currently reading: Lots of Love by Fiona Walker

6 comments:

Bev(QB) said...

Heh, note that MB and I chose an OLDER Andrei to lust over. However YOU chose to perv on the young and tender Andrei.

Of course both Andreis have that intense "You will be mine" look don't they? Oh wait, you have to look ABOVE his shoulders to see it Madelynne. ;-p

BTW, I don't believe shoulders are supposed to make any noises whatsoever. With that in mind, I can say without a doubt that they most definitely shouldn't "crunch". EEWWW! OOUUUCCHH!

Madelynne Ellis said...

Well, it was a damned hard choice. There were so many scrummy pics to choose from. But I have a thing for long hair, and that look is frighteningly "Come get me, if you dare."

Oh, and I think you might be right about the shoulder. I'm not sure crunchiness is part of their general make-up.

On the plus side, the dentist didn't want to drilling today. Downside, he charged me a extortionate £16.20 to stick a mirror in my mouth for about forty seconds!

JenB said...

Is that the same guy???

Oh my...I like him younger too!

MB (Leah) said...

can get back to the dreaded contemporary, which is no longer quite so dreaded and is shaping up to be a claustrophobic shagfest, or something like that :)

Well, this sounds exciting. :D

I'm gonna third it about the shoulder. Maybe it's some kind of tendonitis. Repetitive work can really mess with the body. Maybe you can change the way you type on the laptop by sitting in a reclining way or something.

I have herniated discs in my neck and if I sit straight up and type with the laptop on my lap, I'm in pain very quickly. But if I tilt the chair back and recline a bit, I have no pain. So maybe you need to change it up a bit. At least get it looked at before it gets worse.

Oh and our studmuffin? I think it's the face hair that got me turned on. This pic is so hot because it really shows better how ripped he is, but love the face hair. And I don't know why, but his nipples really get me going. TMI? LOL

Sedonia Guillone said...

Good luck finishing your story, Madelynne. I have no doubt it's wonderful! Hope your shoulder feels better and love the picture.

Janine Ashbless said...

You got snow? *humph* We just got freezing cold.

Sorry to hear about the shoulder. I recommend finding someone who can do the Bowen Technique - it certainly worked on my hips, and I am NOT usually in the habit of recommending alternate therapies.