Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Sent

Well, my Affair story has just been zapped off into cyberspace. I'm still not happy with the title, but it'll do. Rather amazingly, this story ended up over budget at a 6,650 words. Crazy, when I was convinced there wasn't enough story to reach even 4,500 words at the 2K mark. Fingers crossed now that the trips down memory lane don't make it too disjointed and hard to follow.

Back to Kit, Ross and Evie in the increasingly dreadful contemporary. Gawd, I can hardly remember who they are.

There's a call out from Scarlet wanting serial writers, but, but, but... I don't like writing shorts. Although, at the 12K end it's almost a novella. Someone slap me with the sanity brush.

--
Recently watched: CSI
Currently listening to: Green Day
Currently reading: Beautiful Cocksucker by Barbara Sheridan

2 comments:

MB (Leah) said...

Is this book for an anthology? You have so many projects going, I can't keep track.

I like stories tripping down memory lane.

Someone slap me with the sanity brush.

Heh, I can be good at slapping people around when needed, but you live too far away. :D

I'd rather compliment you anyway.

Hmm... you're reading Beautiful C*cksuker I'm curious about how you like it, although I know you can't really comment. I really liked it.

Madelynne Ellis said...

It's 6K, which is a short story which I've subbed for an upcoming Black Lace anthology. Here's hoping, as it's a bit of an odd story about an old affair and the beginning of a new one.

Ah, believe me there are times when I really really want to say things about stuff that I read, but being an author makes that really awkward. Maybe I could email you my opinions. Send me your addy. Mine is madelynne at Madelynne-ellis dot com.