Wednesday, March 25, 2009

All at Once


Ever noticed how everything comes at once? There's been no movement on the Dreaded Contemporary today, and there was preciously little yesterday, because I've had proofs to read, a manuscript to tidy, a blurb to write and lots of horrible admin stuff to deal with. I still have a bunch of contest entries to contend with and some crits to do, and we're away this weekend at a family gathering. My dreams of having the DC finished before I'm off on my Easter hols is looking slim.

However, on the plus side. Look what I've just been sent. Yep, that image up there, that is my delicious new book cover. How gorgeous have they made Alastair! I mean, he is, but that pic just proves it. It's due out in May folks... not long to wait at all.

--
Recently watched: Resident Evil: Degeneration
Currently listening to: Rain
Currently reading: Nothing, am addicted to playing Professor Layton & the Curious Village instead.

11 comments:

Sedonia Guillone said...

That cover is incredible! Congrats, MAdelynne. TEB has some great cover artists!

I know what you mean about everything happening at once. I've had edits for two and three books come in one day after waiting and waiting!

Portia Da Costa said...

Oh, that's beautiful! I bet you're thrilled with it... I would be.

And hugs re. the all at once. Have a bit of that myself, plus lost today due to illness... :(

Don't worry about my thing, by the way. Have totally rewritten it since I sent it to you...

Victoria Janssen said...

*slurp*

Niiiiice.

Justine Elyot said...

That certainly is a very arresting cover! Totally droolworthy - I'm champing at the bit to read it now.

Charlotte Stein aka The Mighty Viper said...

Good LORD those men are handsome. And what a beautiful cover, too. You lucky duck.

P.S. I lost a whole week to Professor Layton. I still hear the villager's voices ringing in my ears: "If you have three matchsteek..."

MB (Leah) said...

Ooooh pretties...Yep...I'm counting the days for this one to be available.

Enjoy your family get together.

Erastes said...

It's a very beautiful cover and just the sort of thing that the gay Romance historicals should be. I'm going to mention this over at The Macs/Speak it name. As a "this is what we want more of please."

Madelynne Ellis said...

Ooh! Thanks, Erastes. That saves me the bother. I think my only niggle with it is the obviously modern shirt, but considering there just aren't that many pics of men in period shirts around, it can be forgiven.

Erastes said...

yes the shirt is a disappointment, but all in all it is a great step forward. I'll be bookmarking the cover to poke at people to say "LOOK - THIS IS WHAT THE GENRE NEEDS"

Ghosties are the only paranormal trope we allow on SIN, as we decided that they can be self-delusion and subjective - so feel free to promo the book and we'll review it too, of course!

Madelynne Ellis said...

self-delusional and subjective

hee hee.. Yeah, that'd be about right.

*frets now over potential inaccuracies* I tried, honest, but a few of the buggers always seem to slip through.

Samantha Kane said...

I love the journal and quill, and the window. It's all in the details, although the men are very, very pretty. ;-) But the intitial impression is historical. Very nice.