Monday, March 16, 2009

Dreaded update


75% done! That can't be right. I'm sure I've only just got going. No idea how I'm going to wrap the plot up in the remaining word count...sigh... it's going to run over again, and then I'm going to have to take the scissors to the early parts just so that I can bring the word count down to a reasonable level.

The Dreaded Contemporary, as you may have figured is progressing... be it slowly. I had major writing block last week and really couldn't get into the swing of it. I think actually getting the thing accepted knocked me off balance and it's taken a while to get my stride back. Things seem to be picking up this morning 1.3K so far and it's just after lunch. Plus, Mr Madelynne came to the rescue (as I knew he would if I just got around to asking him) with a suitable lust object for one of the supporting cast.

Right... back to my game of truth or dare.

--
Recently watched: Watchmen
Currently listening to: noisy traffic and random drilling
Currently reading: Heaven Sent by Jet Mykles

4 comments:

Sedonia Guillone said...

That's great, Madelynne. And I love the photo. He's kind of how I envision Kit's character.

Victoria Janssen said...

You're more than half done. Don't think about the revisions yet.

...I can dream, right?

MB (Leah) said...

As most Japanese would say: "I'm so exciting!"

You know I'm waiting nice and patiently for what you pop out. I would be thrown off course with news like that as well, too excited to do anything for a bit. But 77%, yes!

I still keep checking for your book coming in May from Total-E-Bound. It's getting close. :D

Oh and nice pic. *licks lips*

Madelynne Ellis said...

Well, the very dark eyes are certainly like Kit's.

Victoria - yes, absolutely. You are right, on both scores lol.

Leah - Yes, not too long until Pure Folly now. I'm flattered that you keep checking.