Saturday, April 25, 2009

Demolition for the under sixes

There are moments when I truly wonder why we had kids, and then there are occasions like this morning when their unique view on the world makes me appreciate them all over again.

Witness my son's impassioned yelling this morning when the Disney tracks they'd been listening to on the CD player finished, and it switched to the next disc.

"Mum, Dad, this music might knock the whole house down!"

What, you may ask was this music with the power of a demolition ball?

Um, Welcome to the Jungle, by Guns and Roses. It's a great track, but not, I think, particularly known for causing cracks to appear in walls, and hardly his first exposure to metal.

Oh, what fun it is to be six.

The rest of the day I've been making a determined effort to finish off the Dreaded Contemporary once and for all. I'm still not quite there, but I have written 4.4K and the final scene. There are just a few bits of chapter twelve to complete now and then I'm done (for the first draft at any rate). I think I'll write a nice (by which I mean dirty) historical next. I think I hear Lord Darleston calling to me. Although, I probably ought to make some headway on a few of the Black Lace short story calls first.

--
Recently watched: Ashes to Ashes (Season 2)
Currently listening to: Storm by Gackt
Currently reading: Transgressions by Erastes

2 comments:

Victoria Janssen said...

Am now stuck on "Welcome to the Jungle."

Thanks?

Madelynne Ellis said...

Sorry :)