Saturday, April 18, 2009

Post Holiday Wibbles

The Dreaded Contemporary is still really bloody dreaded. When will it ever end, I wonder? I seem to have written myself into a corner, and I don't know how to wriggle my way out, although I do have a teeny smidgen of a clue... but it might be nothing. I was so-o hoping that a weeks holiday would miraculously iron out all the problems.

Re: holiday. Twas fun, bimbling about the countryside, riding on a steam train, and throwing pebbles into the sea. We had a great day out at BeWILDerwood, climbing trees, going on boats and zip wires and generally tearing around like overgrown children. Not sure if the kiddies or Mr Madelynne and I enjoyed it most.

Also met the delightful, Erastes for dinner last Thursday and she gave me a copy of her just released m/m romance Transgressions. Had a lovely time talking about our forthcoming projects and the state of publishing in regards to m/m. It's amazing how fast four hours can past when you're chatting. Oh, and naughty writers that we are, we managed to scare everyone else out of the restaurant with our conversation.

Pumpkin is looking a bit less skinny. She seems to be on the mend from the bacterial infection, but I wouldn't go so far as to say she's doing well. Post stroke, the poor love can barely walk, and has a rather alarming head tilt. I fear another trip to the vet is in order some time soon.

I may have some other news soon... but I'm not saying anything yet for fear of jinxing it.

Oh, and finally and actual release date for Pure Folly - 25th May. The blurb and everything is up on the TEB site now. Click on the pic in the sidebar to see it.

---
Recently watched: Heroes
Currently listening to: The Levellers
Currently reading: Transgressions by Erastes

3 comments:

MB (Leah) said...

Oooh, sounds like you had a lot of fun on your holiday.

Drat that Dreaded Contemporary anyway. Maybe you need to rename it to The Most Desired Contemporary and maybe it will feel better and behave itself. On the other hand, I rather like the title.. LOL

Poor Pumkin...I hope she makes it through OK...cute little thing. I hate to see animals suffer.

And whoohoo about Pure Folly. I saw that they finally put it up. It's my Dad's birthday, so I won't forget. :D

Nikki Magennis said...

Poor wabbit! Sending her good wishes from a sick-cat household!

And glad you had a lovely spring hol - I'm sure the DC will fall into place any minute!

Sedonia Guillone said...

I'm rooting for little Pumpkin too!

And that's so cool you met Erastes. She seems really sweet.