Friday, May 01, 2009

The End of the Dreaded Contemporary.

It's done!

I've finished the dreaded bugger. I can't begin to describe what an accomplishment that feels like. Don't get me wrong. I don't dislike this book, I'm even slowly, slowly, slowly starting to think it might not be that bad, but it feels like I've been buried in it for ages.

It is still 2009, right?

Scarily, I have an idea for the Dreaded Contemporary 2. Nope, not a follow-on, but set in the same village and featuring characters that crop up in the background of the current DC. But, we'll see. First off I've a short story to write, and a couple of ideas to beat into shape, and then I'm hoping to plunge into writing a historical or going back to the Blood Book. Although, maybe I'll find time to write a m/m novella sometime soon too.

Huzzah... Huzzah... Hurray...

Celebratory picture time


*****
Recently watched: Ashes to Ashes (Season 2)
Currently listening to: Screaming police sirens
Currently reading: Transgressions by Erastes

6 comments:

Justine Elyot said...

Yay! Fabulous! I'm so glad you're not quitting the historicals though.

Sedonia Guillone said...

Yay! Congratulations! And wow, that picture!!

Madelynne Ellis said...

It's a good picture, isn't it. :)

No chance of me quitting the historicals, Justine. I love them too much. In fact, I'm about to start looking over my notes for two of the historical projects languishing in my sidebar.

MB (Leah) said...

Whoohoo! Can't wait to read it.

I can't begin to describe what an accomplishment that feels like.Heh, we all know. :D We've been going through it with you although not to the same degree, I'm sure.

You authors are so funny. That book seemed like such a trial and yet you think you might do another! It's very interesting to me. Maybe writing a book that doesn't flow so easily or is not such a turn on is a good stretching exercise.

I hope you get to write something really hawt and fun for yourself as a treat for such an accomplishment.

word veri- holity... LOL

MB (Leah) said...

Oh crap, I forgot to mention the main reason to comment, that pic!

Tsssss...hawt. I'd kind of like to see what's under that picture. Ooops, naughty me. :D

Lucy Felthouse said...

Congratulations! It must be a huge sense of achievement, I feel happy enough when I've finished a 3k short story, let alone a novel.

I can't wait to find out what it's about...