Tuesday, May 05, 2009

...sniffles...

I have the cold from hell. Fuzzy head, blocked nose, soar throat, headache, and joints I didn't realise I had are aching. I guess I should be grateful I managed to finish the DC before it hit. Preliminary reports from beta readers suggest it's not so dreaded as the title might suggest.

Anyway, I now seem to have a heap of stuff to do and a brain incapable of doing any of it:

Let's see.

* Dreaded Contemporary revisions (on hold for a week or so until I gain some distance from it)
* Awaiting feedback on historical from agent.
* Take fresh look at Desperate Measures and see if there's anything of merit there. Suspect it requires a new synopsis to reflect the major departure from the original I want to incorporate. If only I knew what the major departure was!
* Start writing new Historical. Yay!
* Prod self until I can face attempting another short story (various calls and invitations outstanding). Hmm...
* Consider ignoring all of the above and writing m/m novella to entertain myself instead
* Better yet, go back to bed for the next two hours.

5 comments:

Portia Da Costa said...

Aw, sorry you're feeling poorly... Hope you feel better soon, and can tackle all those tasks.

Exciting times, though... :)

ps. you really should stop calling Enticement the 'Dreaded Contemporary'!!! ;)

Madelynne Ellis said...

But if I do that, how will anyone know what I'm talking about? :-)

MB (Leah) said...

Oh crap, I hope you're feeling better.

I'm really looking forward to reading that Dreaded Contemp just to see how dreaded it is. :P

I'm sure it's gonna be a blast to read.

Forget all that other stuff, go ahead and write the hawt m/m to make yourself feel better. It's what I would do. That or the historical.

But take care of yourself first and foremost.

I'm a patient reader and your stories are worth the wait. :D

Madelynne Ellis said...

The Dreaded Contemporary was only dreaded to me, while writing it. I don't think it's actually dreadful.

I'm working on the historical, and actually have a sort of plot. Amazing!

Rio said...

Hate that you have the cold from hell.

Climb into bed, think historical thoughts and indulge yourself you've earned it.